West Jersey Detecting

Last Updated February 22, 2018

Forums

Forum Home > Recent Metal Detecting Finds > SEF Coil is King of Kings!

Neil Schwartz
Site Owner

After about a month of using the stock D2 search coil on my V3i , I decided I still like my SEF 12"x10" much more. It is much quieter at high gains and easier to GB. I guess it is possible that my D2 isjust faulty, but I have had it for two years so there is not much I can do at this point.  Anyway, I finally got back to the overgrown field I hit over the summer. At that time I could only detect the pathways because of the thick vegetation. It is still overgrown, so I bushwhacked, swinging the coil between high wild grasses and  young trees. It was not easy! In the past I dug a bunch of buttons and a few older coins (a Barber dime, a Large Cent). I have been saying to my buddies that there had to be Spanish Silver there and I was correct! I got a good signal at 6 inches that was just a bit low for a Wheatie with a VDI of 60. I was still thinking it was going to be a penny until I saw the silvery edge in the dirt pile. What an awesome surprise! It's my best coin find in quite sometime!

November 18, 2011 at 11:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Three Ringer
Neil, I have had several coils replaced by Whites including my stock D2 coil all done cheerfully at no charge. Talk to Mary in Customer Service. Ask Roger in Service Dept to handpick a D2 for you with the best null. My new D2 will handle max gain and DX with boost on! Even though your coil may be out of warranty I am confident you won't have any problems, you gave helped them sell a lot of detectors with your published pix and stories. It wouldn't matter though Whites treats all of their customers like Rockstars! Three Ringer
November 26, 2011 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Neil Schwartz
Site Owner

Three Ringer at November 26, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Neil, I have had several coils replaced by Whites including my stock D2 coil all done cheerfully at no charge. Talk to Mary in Customer Service. Ask Roger in Service Dept to handpick a D2 for you with the best null. My new D2 will handle max gain and DX with boost on! Even though your coil may be out of warranty I am confident you won't have any problems, you gave helped them sell a lot of detectors with your published pix and stories. It wouldn't matter though Whites treats all of their customers like Rockstars! Three Ringer

Thanks for the info!  I got the new coil last week!

December 1, 2011 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

263 views - 0 comments
233 views - 0 comments
255 views - 0 comments
249 views - 0 comments