West Jersey Detecting

Last Updated February 22, 2018

Forums

Forum Home > Recent Metal Detecting Finds > Back to old amusement park site.

Neil Schwartz
Site Owner

I recently got back to a Victorian era amusement park site that has produced silver and gold jewelry and many coins.  I was disappointed to see that the only access to the site, a small foot bridge, had washed away in the recent floods.  I was determined to get there, so I found an old truck driveshaft that had been dumped and I dragged it to the stream and managed to get it across the water next to a leaning tree.  This allowed me to walk across the shaft using the tree to balance.

I re-worked a spot that had previously given up many silver coins including some Barbers and two Standing Liberty quarters.  There were not many high tone signals, but plenty of lower penny tones.  After digging many pull tab tones I decided to ignore them on this outing as the weather was taking a turn for the worse.  It turned out that one of these pull tab signals was an 1890 Indian Head, my first Indian from the site.  

As the weather started to deteriorate I called it quits.  Total for the day was about 75 cents in modern coinage, 6 Wheaties and the Indian.  

There is still much more area to cover at the site, it is only a matter of time before the silver and gold appear again!

September 24, 2011 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NJ chad

Awesome!!! Do you ever take any visitors with you??? :D :D:D

November 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Neil Schwartz
Site Owner

NJ chad at November 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Awesome!!! Do you ever take any visitors with you??? :D :D:D

Hi Chad,  I have a group of people that I do detect with.  If you live in South Jersey, you are welcome to come along.  All we ask is that you return the favor by bringing us to a productive site in the future.

November 23, 2011 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NJ chad

Sounds good Neil! I just sold my v3i today, my new etrac is on its way from big boys hobbies....hope to have it by this weekend....until then I will be watching your videos on here to hopefully get a jump on the learning curve! 

December 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

263 views - 0 comments
233 views - 0 comments
255 views - 0 comments
249 views - 0 comments